One three pound corned beef
one large onion
nine tablespoons horseradish
three tablespoon mayonnaise
one tablespoon dill seeds
four large potatoes,
one cabbage, quartered
one pound carrots, quartered and cut in one inch pieces, Roman Legion style (this sized carrots in their meals was required by the Roman Legions over 2000 years ago)
1.boil corned beef with onion in large pot for two hours, then add the peeled potatoes, and carrot. For the last twenty minutes of cooking add the cabbage. This process should take about three hours, but some corned beefs take slightly more or less time so test with a fork.
2. Mix horseradish, mayonnaise and dill and set aside
3. Test corned beef for doneness. If tender, remove from pot
4. Leave cooked vegetables in the pot.
5. put cooked, whole corned beef in an oven proof casserole dish.
6. Spread a generous amount of horseradish, mayonnaise and dill mixture on the corned beef, add one half cup of the pot liquid and bake in an oven, preheated to 450 degrees.
7. Bake for one half hour at 450.